13th International Bioelectrics Symposium
The symposium presents a forum for the discussion on research and applications with respect to the interactions of electrical stimuli with living cells, such as in particular pulsed electric fields and non-thermal plasmas.
Research topics and applications covered are:
- Biological responses (molecular, subcellular, cellular and intercellular)
- Biophysics and biochemistry of interaction mechanisms
- Modelling and simulation of exposures and effects
- Diagnostics, analytics, experimental techniques
- Exposure devices and methods
- Cancer treatment and tumor ablation
- Disinfection, decontamination, hygiene
- Cell and tissue stimulation, wound healing
- Biomass processing and biofuel generation
- Food safety and food preservation
- Agricultural crops and farming
Conference venue is the Penta Hotel, Rostock, in the historic city center. As member of the Hanseatic League, Rostock is a population and commercial center since 1251. The symposium is organized by the Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (conference chair: Juergen F. Kolb).